Music Tourist CIC is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We do not sell information about you to third parties.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting www.musictourist.net you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Music Tourist CIC of 100 Constitution Street, Edinburgh EH6 6AW, Scotland.
The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) effective from May 2018 gives all EU citizens more rights and protections for their personal data, to minimise the possibility of theft and fraud.
These regulations include provisions for the following areas:
• The right to be informed: Organisations must publish a privacy notice, in addition to explaining transparently how they use this personal data.
• The right of access: Individuals will have the right to demand details of any of their data that an organisation may hold. This information must be provided within one month of request at no charge to the individual.
• The right to rectification: If a person’s data is incorrect or incomplete, he or she has the right to have it corrected. If the organisation that holds the information has passed any of that information to third parties. The company must inform the third party of the correction and inform the person which third parties have their personal data.
• The right to be forgotten: A person may request the removal of his or her personal data in specific circumstances.
• The right to restrict processing: Under certain circumstances, an individual can block the processing of his or her personal data.
• The right to data portability: A person can access their data for their own use anywhere they prefer.
• The right to object: A person can object to the use of their personal data for most purposes.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
· Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.musictourist.net (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our notifications/newsletter, buy a ticket for one of our events and if you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, credit card information, company name, job title and personal biography.
· Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
· technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time-zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
· information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information and methods used to browse away from the page.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. Moreover, we may work with third parties (for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and ticketing services, analytics providers, search information providers, advertising networks) and may receive information about you from them.
Our websites are built using Squarespace which uses some necessary cookies because they allow visitors to navigate and use key elements of the site. These vary depending on the features being used, for example Analytics and Performance cookies to collect information on your behalf about how visitors interact with your site.
Cookies can be blocked by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
For our cookies policy and details of those used by Squarespace, please email us at email@example.com
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
· Information you give to us. We will use this information:
· to contact you with news or our activities including forthcoming events and music tourism-related news;
· to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
· to notify you about changes to our service;
· to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
· Information we collect about you.
We will use this information:
· to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
· to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
· to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
· as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
· Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
· Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you. For example, hotels or travel services such as private hire cars.
· Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
· Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted [using SSL technology].] Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
This policy was updated on 23 May 2018